Friday, April 24, 2009

The Most wonderful vacation in the world.

The begining of April we took a cruise to the Carribean with My brothers Rob and James and their wives Ginger and Dayla, My sister Janet and her husband John and My neice Brittani and her husband Nick. We had so much fun. We spent the first day at sea and it was great. All the food you could possibly eat at any time of day or night. Room service whenever we wanted and midnight buffets. Yes I gained six pounds on this trip but who cares. How often do you get to eat gormet food like that. I could live like that forever. It went by so fast but is something we will never forget. The first island we visited was the Grand Turks. This was the most beautiful island. We took a catamaran boat ride and went snorkeling. That was great fun and I even had a dolphin pass right in front of me. That was soo cool. Brandon and Nick went diving for those huge conk shells and almost drowned in the process but they were successful in finding them, we came home with 4. The next Island was Puerto Rico and boy was it beautiful. We toured the island and the Bicarrdi Rum factory which was quite interesting. We went to a fortress that surrounded part of the island. It was amazing. We went shopping and I,m telling you the streets were narrow. The next island was St. Thomas. It was so much fun going threw all the little shops and trying to get the best deals on souveniers. The last island we went to was Holland Americas own private island in the Bahamas called Half Moon Kay. It was by far the most beautiful. We rode horses in the ocean, snorkeled, and just soaked up the sun. 7 days is not long enough for a cruise. It went by way too fast and was the most fun I have ever had. We will definatly be cruisers from now on. The next one will hopefully be Alaska. I have already posted some of the pictures of the islands but will soon be posting more when I get more time. There are so many fun pictures I want to share but not enough room for them all so give me more time and I will finish posting what I can.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love all your pics of the cruise! I am still jealous that I didn't get to come with! You guys look like you had such a great time, which you so deserve.

Shane & Laina said...

How fun... we totally want to go on a cruise, maybe that will have to be the next trip. I'm so glad you got to go...you deserve it!