Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July celebration

This 4th of July was such a fun one. We had a hectic activity packed day but it was a blast. The day started at 6:00 in the morning when I had to get myself ready for the day so I had plenty of time to get all the kids ready. Maddy had her 1st dance and cheer performance that day so we had to make sure her hair was done and curled before we left for the parade. We went to the parade around 8:30 a.m. to make sure we had a place to park so we could hurry to the park after to get Maddie there on time. We of course got stuck behind parade traffic because our planned route ended up being the beginning of the parade but luckily we had set up our seats the day before so we didn't have to worry about finding a good place to sit. The parade started around 9:00 am and it was so much fun for the kids. They got way too much candy but that's what it's all about. They had a blast with their friends and cousins. We arrived at the park around 10:30 a.m. and got Maddie ready for her cheer performance. As soon as her cheer performance was over we had to rush to get her into her dance costume for her little dance performance. And all the while we were hoping we wouldn't get rained on. Luckily the storm passed and it turned out to be a perfect day. It was so dang cute to watch her dance. After the park we went home to try to rest a little and visit with each other while the kids played. We had a BBQ that evening. Brandon rotisserie Tri tip and it was awesome. Cooked to perfection. Sharon came down from cedar city to watch Mataea her grand daughter and Maddie dance. Janet and her family was there and so was Brittany and Nick and Jamie and Krissy. Dinner was great. Afterwards everybody thought it would be funny to surprise me and sing Happy Birthday to me since I was turning 31 on the 6th. I didn't find it all that funny but the ice cream cake was good. After that we sat out on the front lawn to enjoy fireworks that Brandon let Braydon and Maison light. It was pretty scary but with his supervision it turned out great and safe. It was a pretty fun day and I am so glad I got to spend it with some of my family. Below is a little slide show of our time at the parade. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Yales said...

Hurray, I am so glad you put some pictures on there. They are so cute. I have to agree it was a busy and fun day. I am so glad I got to spend it with you all.